Assistant Business Development Manager
Leading auction house in New York City is seeking an experienced, energetic, and highly capable Assistant Business Development Manager with 3+ years of experience to join our team. This role is an in-house position and is responsible for assisting Senior Management with general office and auction related management for our B2B auction platform. We are seeking a motivated, team-oriented individual with a desire to be a part of our dynamic culture.
Our team of dedicated employees create a supportive community that welcomes new people and innovative ideas. This is a great career opportunity if you are honest, efficient, effective, and passionate about what you do. We invite you to come and help us change the world as we introduce new products and services that help members within the diamond and jewelry industry.
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with management, performing an array of value-added tasks from learning and understanding each area of the business, keeping management updated on all initiatives, planning, and coordinating meetings and all relevant follow-ups, and assisting with all tasks and projects
- Act as an extension of management in following up on the status of projects or action items with internal and external stakeholders or passing feedback on to the business unit owner
- Assist in managing overall office operations and oversee general office administration
- Ensure all processes and procedures are being implemented and followed
- Oversee new projects and initiatives, including creating timelines, job assignments, and follow-ups with relevant team leaders to ensure projects and launches are on time and within budget
- Provide strong project management skills to keep projects on task to meet deliverables
- Directly oversee the reporting and analysis of all new and existing initiatives, lead generation campaigns, and post-event results to monitor and track metrics and assist with providing recommendations for future plans, and strategies
- Monitor leads from marketing campaigns and forward to relevant team members
- Follow up to ensure all responsive client outreach was completed and confirm lead conversion statuses. Update all CRM and marketing platforms and manage the flow online from lead generation through conversion
- Liaise with international team regarding inter-divisional activities and ensure all reporting, meetings, and reviews are being handled
- Oversee, review, and audit the compliance process and creation of new client accounts and maintenance of existing accounts
- Assist with monthly event planning and logistics, including calling clients to schedule viewing appointments, properly staffing the events, meeting and greeting clients, and following up on bid and payment statuses
- Play a key role in auction closing processes and post-event report generation
- Assist with tracking the collection and payment of all auction proceeds, produce all necessary financial documents and invoices, and generate reporting needed to track the business
- Act as a lead in testing new online programming and updates to the user platforms and create detailed documentation for all bugs and new feature development.
- Meticulously handle ad-hoc situations and closely track and report on all resolutions
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of experience in a business environment
- Experience supporting management a plus
- Ability to interface cross-departmentally with colleagues and partners using exceptional communication skills
- Proficient in developing business strategies and have proven ability in setting priorities and ensuring accurate implementation of projects
- Ability to think strategically and identify and resolve problems in a client-centric environment
- Strong planning, organizational, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: energetic, outgoing, team player, strong listener, and creative thinker
- Must exhibit high energy level, positivity, and professionalism and be capable of working with people in varying levels of business
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft office
To apply: https://rapaport.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=127
About the Rapaport Group: The Rapaport Group is an international network of companies providing added-value services that support the development of fair, transparent, competitive and efficient diamond and jewelry markets. Established in 1976, the Group has more than 20,000 clients in over 120 countries. Group activities include Rapaport Information Services, providing research, analysis and news; RapNet, the world’s largest diamond trading network; Rapaport Laboratory Services; and Rapaport Trading and Auction Services, specializing in recycled diamonds and jewelry. Additional information is available at www.rapaport.com and www.diamonds.net.